Congratulations to our SGA Scholarship Recipients 📚🎉

Read about Rameezah and Harrison. Thank you both for all you do on campus and we look forward to seeing what you will accomplish in the future.

Rameezah Ahmed SGA Scholarship Recipient

About Rameezah

Hi, my name is Rameezah Ahmed and I’m a second year HPX Allied Health student currently on the Pre- Physician Assistant track. I’ve recently established a new Pre- PA club on campus in which I hope to bridge the gap between health disparities faced by the unserved population in our community and access to quality healthcare through community service. One way I’ve already addressed this issue is through my project: The Miracle Mask, in which I worked together with local community members to provide 3,000+ masks to the homeless population and frontline healthcare workers for COVID-19 relief. In addition, I am currently a medical scribe at Waterbury Hospital Emergency Department and also a Peer Tutor for biology and chemistry at the Tutoring Resource Center on campus.

Harrison Tagnidoung SGA Scholarship Recipient

About Harrison

Hi, my name is Harrison Tagnidoung. I’m a senior and I’m majoring in Health Promotions & Exercise Science. I’m very active on campus as I am the President of the Black Student Union and a Senator for the Student Government Association. I choose to become active on campus to show the students of color that in order to see change we must be a part of that change. I’m thankful for the WCSU Foundation for rewarding me with the SGA Endowed Scholarship, I appreciate it so much.