ELECTIONS TIMELINE: FALL 2020
- Wednesday, October 21st by 3:00pm
- Election Application Opens
- Information Page Available on SGA Website
- Monday, November 9th by 11:59pm
- Election Application Deadline
- Thursday, November 12th by 3:00pm
- Official List of Candidates Posted
- Thursday, November 12th – November 20th
- Campaigning Period
- Monday, November 16th (3:00pm or earlier) – Saturday, November 21st 12:00am
- Elections: Voting Period
- Monday, November 23rd – Tuesday, December 1st
- Election Results Certified and Announced
- Wednesday, December 2nd @ 11:00am
- Fall Transition Senate
What does being in SGA entail? The position?
Everyone’s experience is not the same due to different interests and committees. Senators have to attend weekly Senate meetings (Spring TBD) and participate in at least two committees (Finance counts as two committees due to extended meeting length) and events.
You will attend Leadership Training and the transition Senate meeting where you will learn about the operations of the SGA and how we serve the students.
Senate and Committees
Senate: Our weekly Senate meeting is where the entire SGA comes together to discuss new issues and initiatives. We report on our committees and update everyone on the next steps. Our meetings are typically two hours long.
Academic Affairs: Reviews concerns with the academic experience on campus whether it is major-specific or student-wide such as misadvisement.
Campus Life: Coordinates graduating class activities, reviews functions of student services, and provides support to student clubs and organizations.
Communications: Outreach to the student body and providing updates on SGA activity.
Finance: Review requests for funding from student groups and clubs. Determines how the Student Activity Fund will be distributed.
Operations and Governance: The accountability branch of the SGA. Reviews SGA performance and maintains SGA archive, Governing Documents, and other SGA documents.
Research: Actively collects information from WCSU departments, clubs, and committees as well as external news, reports, and developments. Provides this information to have an informed SGA.
Student Philanthropy: Coordinates fundraising efforts for students in need. Meets with the WCSU Cares Committee (WCSU Cares Student Emergency Fund).