Committee Chair: Sorreea Gagnebin, Vice President
The Internal Affairs Committee manages the Governing Documents within the SGA, develops and implements a vision, and sets the goals for the SGA. The committee acts upon internal issues within the SGA and works to implement solutions. Members can bring SGA issues to this committee so that our organization is always improving and running efficiently. This committee is confidential and closed, meaning it has a cap of six (6) Senators (no Representatives). The Internal Affairs Committee meets on Thursdays 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in MTSC 216.
From the Bylaws (Article IV, Section 7)
The Internal Affairs Committee:
- The Committee Chair of the Internal Affairs Committee shall be the Vice President.
- The membership of the Internal Affairs Committee shall consist of a minimum of four (4) and a maximum of six (6) Senators.
- The Internal Affairs Committee is a Closed Committee.
- The voting membership shall consist of all members of the committee, excluding the Committee Chair unless in the event of a tie.
- The Internal Affairs Committee shall manage and make necessary edits to the “Governing Documents” of the SGA.
- The Internal Affairs Committee shall be responsible to review all “Governing Documents” for approval of the Senate by the last Senate of the semester.
- The review and approval of the “Governing Documents” may also be performed by the Intersession Senate.
- The Internal Affairs Committee will manage upkeep of the “Governing Documents” and will be responsible for evaluating each SGA member’s performance (including Executive board members) with mid-term and end-of-semester evaluations.
- The Internal Affairs Committee shall manage office supplies and expectations for both the Midtown and Westside SGA offices.
- Quorum shall be counted amongst all voting members.