SGA will be spear-heading initiatives in an effort to modernize, adapt, and engage to our evolving campus starting Summer 2019. With a polished logo and redesigned website, SGA prepares for its first steps into the 2019-2020 year.
Sustainability, Productivity, and Efficiency
SGA will be making an effort to reduce its carbon footprint through more environmentally-friendly practices.
- Printed SGA meeting materials will be supplied as requested
- Use of OneDrive, X Drive, SurveyMonkey, and Presence to distribute and collect advertisements and feedback
- Advertisement will be transitioning to 95% digital, discontinuing paper flyers
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity
SGA will be increasing its efforts to promote a diversity-friendly environment – both in physical form in the SGA office as well as in communications. We hope to foster a dynamic working environment along with inclusive practices to ensure an utmost welcoming, comfortable productive environment.
- Additional use of pronouns in Governing Documents
- Prompts for pronouns and preferred names in SGA applications and member information sheets
- Diversity and Equity seminars in SGA Leadership Training
- Signage of a LGBTQIA+ friendly environment
Representation, Conversation, and Innovation
SGA will be working to bridge communication to the WCSU community through website updates, emails to the student body, and social media posts. We also will be encouraging two-way communication through distribution of surveys to measure student relations and satisfactions with SGA.
- Surveys for Finance and Rules Hearings
- Surveys for Event and Programming Feedback
- Creation of strategy development process to fulfill unmet needs
- Education in WordPress, SurveyMonkey, and Presence to encourage campus-wide use of resources not only SGA