Chapter 1 Linear Systems¶
- Solve basic systems of equations by hand using elimination and back substitution.
- Solve systems of equations using Gaussian elimination and matrices.
- Understand vectors graphically and algebraically.
- Demonstrate familiarity with vector arithmetic.
- Relate systems of equations to vectors and geometry.
- See how to use a computer algebra system to help solve and visualize systems of equations.
In this Unit/Chapter we will focus on solving systems of linear equations and how we can interpret those systems and their solutions from multiple perspectives. The notes here correspond with the material in Hefferon Chapter 1: Linear Systems and so they should be used together.